Constance is proud to offer families of Orlando, FL and surrounding areas, an opportunity for comprehensive, natural, client centered care for their fertility, pregnancy and postpartum. With experience in a myriad of settings, building strong families is priority. Her goal is to facilitate empowered decision making and collaborative care which correlates to improved maternal-fetal health outcomes.
Constance Tucker, BSM, CPM, LM
I was raised in a medical family. My dad started out as an EMT and has now been an ED RN for over 35 years. My mom started as a receptionist at an OB/GYN office, became an RN (pediatrics, OB/GYN), then an ARNP (women’s health), and finally M.D. (family practice.)
I guess you could say I have health care in my blood. I was raised in hospitals (literally) checking IVs at 15, working in the lab at 16, and medical assisting at the pediatric clinic next door to my mom’s clinic at 17.
Imagine my parents’ disappointment when I decided not to accept my invitation to medical school. I loved my work in the laboratory and believed there was a different path for my life.
I began my journey with having my own babies, and being inspired by the midwives and experiences they supported (or did not support). I became a professional doula through DONA, then went on to become a certified Hypnobirthing Educator. Hypnobirthing changed my life. I met, and was fortunate enough to be able to spend some time with, the program creator Marie Mongan. Learning her story and history further inspired my education into birth and the foundation of families through safe, empowered, and educated birth choices.
I chased holistic wellbeing knowledge and education, completing yoga teacher training (20 hour RYT) and achieving a prenatal specialization in yoga RPYT (prenatal). I became more involved in Fertility Care (CrMS) education and received formal training as a Fertility Care Practitioner.
Realizing there was much work to be done in professional circles of obstetrical and gynecological care, I finally applied and was accepted to midwifery college program after the encouragement of the midwives who had supported my births. In November 2017, I graduated from the Midwives College of Utah, magna cum laude, as a CPM with a Bachelor of Science in Midwifery (BSM).
I traveled extensively for school, working in a variety of situations and garnering a unique skillset and perspective not only for birth but for midwifery care in general. I have had the opportunity to learn from many professionals including, DO, MD, ARNP, CNM, RN, and DC. My specific experiences have created an open mindset, perfect for meeting a wide spectrum of needs for my clients.
With years of experience working in the birth field in hospitals, clinics, birth centers, and at home births, I am now well equipped to bring midwifery care to families here in Central Orlando.
Now it’s your turn; I would love to hear more about you! Tell me your story, how you found midwifery, and what your needs are for your family.
Education and Background
- Current license – Florida and Wisconsin
- Current NARM CPM
- Certified Safe Transport instructor (in conjunction with Smooth Transitions)
- 2012 to present owned and managed collaborative and professional support services for medical professionals and families
- 2018 – present MEAC volunteer and educational analyst
- 2018/19 Licensure transfer course at CCSM with Jennie Joseph, LM (FL)
- 2017/18 Staff midwife hospital owned birth center, licensed midwife, WI
- 2016/17 Rural midwifery work (home births), WA
- 2017 Graduate Magna Cum Laude, BSM, Midwives College of Utah
- 2015 Volunteer work for underprivileged at border crossing (AZ)
- 2012/16 Doula family support and midwife assistant
- 2015 Training NaPro Reproductive Technologies
- 2012/13 Yoga/Prenatal Yoga teacher training
- Prior 2012 Hospital based support work (nursing assistant, medical assisting, lab assistant)